Episode 06: Sheng Ma (cimicifuga) Guide
Podcast | Herbal Medicine: a Guide to Single Herbs and their Clinical Application
Rhizoma Cimicifugae shēng má
“This Sutra” Zhou Shengma (“This Sutra”), Zhou Ma (“Do Not Record”), Chicken Bone Cohosh (Tao Hongjing), Ghost Face Cohosh (“Compendium”), Green Cohosh (“Medical Guang Notes”) .
Actions and Indications: Sheng Ma (cimicifuga)
Published to clear the rash, clear away heat and detoxify, and lift up the sun.
(1) This product is weak in publication, and is rarely used for general symptoms. Because of its hair-transmitting effect, it is mostly used for measles poorly transmitted. It is often used in conjunction with Pueraria lobata. This product can clear away heat and detoxify to treat swollen gums, sore mouth and tongue, and throat swelling and pain caused by hyperactive stomach. It is often clinically compatible with gypsum, coptis, etc.; for fever, high fever, body rash, sore swelling and pain, cohosh It can be used with Yinhua, Lianqiao, Red Peony Root and Angelica. The role of cohosh in raising Yang Qi is similar to that of Bupleurum, so the two drugs are often used in conjunction with each other, and the Qi medicines Codonopsis and Huangqi are used to raise the sun. (
2) Cimicifuga, a medicine, mainly has the effects of lifting and clearing hair, clearing away heat and detoxification. Its function of lifting hair-lifting is similar to that of Bupleurum and Pueraria lobata, but it is more powerful. Combination of Bupleurum is used for lifting, and Pueraria lobata is used for rash. As for its good heat-clearing and detoxifying effect, this is its characteristic. It can be used with Coptis and Gypsum to treat stomach fire and toothache, and with Scutellaria, Forsythia, Burdock, Radix Isatidis, etc., it can treat erysipelas on the head and face.
Chronic gas disease, headache, cold and heat, sore throat, mouth sores, impermeable macula; depression of the breath, chronic diarrhea, prolapse of the anus, women’s collapse, belt, uterine drop; carbuncle, swelling and sore poison.
Herb combinations and Formulas: Sheng Ma (cimicifuga)
1. Shengma Gegen Decoction (“Yan’s Children’s Prescriptions”), relieve muscle and rash, treat typhoid fever, febrile disease, wind-heat and strong heat, headache, limb pain, sore rash has not occurred.
2. Xuan Du published decoction (“Acne rash Ren Duan Lu”), which relieves muscle and rash, treats measles at the beginning, can’t get out, body is hot and has no sweat, cough and sore throat.
3. Shengma Biejia Decoction Recipe (“Golden Chamber Synopsis”), treats yang toxin as a disease, red spots on the face such as brocade lines, sore throat, vomiting blood and pus.
4. Buzhong Yiqi Decoction (“Spleen and Stomach Theory”), nourishes the middle and nourishes qi, raises yang and raises depression, treats qi deficiency and depression, less qi and lazy speech, fever, spontaneous sweating, thirsty and warm drinking, chronic diarrhea, chronic dysentery, uterus Prolapse, prolapse of the anus, depression of Qingyang, etc.
5. Shengma Decoction (“Medical Inheritance in the Western Records”), to invigorate qi upsurge, treat depression of atmosphere in the chest, shortness of breath, dyspnea, delayed and weak pulse.
6. Juyuanjian (“Jingyue Quanshu”), replenishing qi and lifting up, treating qi deficiency and subsidence, bleeding and bleeding, severe risk of death and yang.
7. Shengma Pill (“Sheng Hui Fang”), cures throat and pharynx occlusion, and body fluid is blocked.
8. Shengma Decoction (“Shengji General Record”), cures the heart with wind-heat, sore sores all over.
9. Shengma Decoction (“Shengji General Record”), the treatment of carbuncle begins with hard, purplish skin, aversion to cold and strong heat, and one or two days without pus.
① Treat typhoid fever, febrile disease, wind-heat and strong heat, headache, limb pain, and sore that has not occurred: dried Pueraria lobata (file fine), cohosh, peony, licorice (file, burn) are divided into equal parts. The same as above is the rough end. Each serving is four dollars, one and a half cups of water, and one and a half cups of water. The amount is the same, and it is warm and timeless. Unknown, fever, headache, cold, cough, cheek moth: 5 points for cohosh, 8 points for Peucedanum, 5 points for Gan Pu, 5 points for Scutellaria baicalensis, 8 points for gardenia, 1 point for fried burdock, 3 points for licorice, 5 points for platycodon , Mint five cents, chuanxiong a money. Quoting Dengxin Decoction. (“Southern Yunnan Materia Medica” Chowma Decoction)
③Choice of the sky, the head, face and body beard around the circle, like a fire sore, all wear white pulp, follow the decision to live (not instant, the dramatist will die in a few days, heal After getting bad, the scar will be dark and purple, and the poisonous gas will disappear after ageing.): Boil the cohosh in thick water, and wash it with cotton. Bitter wine pickles boiled Mijia, but the dryness and pain are unbearable. (“Back of the elbow”)
④ Treat thunder head wind, swelling and pain of head and lumps, hate cold and strong heat, like typhoid fever: five coins each for cohosh and atractylodes, and one lotus leaf. Decoction. (“Medical Prescriptions” Qingzhen Decoction, which is “Suwen Pathogen Baoming Ji” Shengma Decoction)
⑤Treatment of throat occlusion, body fluid is blocked: half of Sichuan cohosh, one point for horse thistle, one point for alum, horse tooth Eliminate one point, Scrophulariaceae one point. The medicine is applied, and the pounding is the last, and the honey and pills are as big as neem. Wrapped in thin cotton, often contains a pill of pharyngeal fluid. (“Sheng Hui Fang” Shengma Pills)
⑥ Treatment of throat numbness and pain: Shengma tablets contain the pharynx, or take a half-two decoction to take vomiting. (“Renzhai Zhizhi Fang”)
⑦Treats Yang poison for disease, facial red spots such as brocade, sore throat, saliva pus and blood (curable in 5 days, incurable in 7 days): two or two cohosh, one or two angelica, Shujiao (fried to sweat) one or two, licorice two or two, turtle shell finger (sunburn), realgar half and two (yan). For six flavors, use four liters of water, boil one liter, and take it. The young and old take the sweat again. (“Synopsis of the Golden Chamber” Cohosh and Turtle Jia Decoction)
⑧ Treatment of mouth fever and sores: 30 baht for cohosh and 18 baht for coptis. The top two flavors are in the end, wrapped in cotton, and throat juice. (“A Thousand Gold Recipes”)
⑨ Treatment of gum flesh, swollen and painful gums, swollen and painful teeth, shaky teeth, short teeth, yellow teeth and bad breath: Qianghuo one or two, grass gentian (washed with wine) one or two five dollars, sheep shin bone Two-two ash, four-two cohosh. The top is fine powder, and the ashes of leno ziluo are used as fine dust powder for harmony. Stick to the gums when lying down. (“Lanshi Secret Store” Laoyasan)
⑩Treatment of stomach fever and toothache: decoction of cohosh, hot swallowing it. (“Renzhai Zhifang”)
⑾Treatment of dysentery: green cohosh (stir-fried in vinegar) one dollar, 30 lotus meat (heart-free, fried brown), and three coins ginseng. Water for one hour, fry for half a minute and drink, honey and pill are better, take every four dollars, and swallow with white soup. (“Medical General Notes”)
⑿ Treatment of blood collapse: 5 cents for cohosh, 5 cents for Bupleurum, 1 cent for Chuanxiong, 1 cent for Angelica dahurica, 6 cents for Nepeta ears, 6 cents for Angelica sinensis. Two bowls of water, one bowl of decoction, take the food from afar, just stop, no more than five or six servings. (“Mobaozhai Collection and Prescriptions”)
⒀ Treats inexhaustible ninjutsu after childbirth, or menstrual period-month, half year old, one year old: cohosh in three or two. Take five liters of sake, boil two liters, remove the drunk, and serve again. When vomiting evil things, don’t blame it. (“Qianjin Recipe”)
⒁Treats the heart with wind-heat, sore sores all over the body: cohosh, rhubarb (file, micro-fried), scutellaria (removing black heart), Citrus aurantium (removing the flesh, stir-fried with bran to make yellow), peony Twelve each, licorice (scorched) and angelica (cut, roasted) in half each. Roughly pound and sieve, take five-coin dagger each time, take one and a half cups of water, hold it in the heart of the lamp, fry until one cup, remove it, and take it before dinner. (“Choice of St. Francis” Cohosh Decoction)
⒂ Treatment of apoplexy, swelling, acute pain: Cohosh bitter wine rubbing Shangliang. (“Filling the back of the elbow”)
⒃Starting to cure carbuncle, hard, purple skin color, aversion to cold and strong heat, one or two days without pus: cohosh, forsythia, rhubarb (file, stir-fry), raw rehmannia (cut , Baking), Muxiang each one or two, Baigu, Scrophulariaceae each three points. Serve with seven flavors, mash and sieve coarsely. Take five money daggers, two water daggers, and fry until one, add half glauber salt and half money daggers for each serving. (“Choice of St. Francis” Cohosh Soup)
⒄ Treat lung carbuncle, vomit pus and blood, make odor, and pain between breasts and breasts: Sichuan cohosh, platycodon (stir-fried), coix seed, Diyu, Ziqin (scraped and peeled) ), Moutan bark, and white peony root, two and a half each, licorice three points, file the coarse powder, take one or two, water one and a half liters, decoct to five times, remove the water, take two or three times a day. (“Prescription” Chowder Decoction)
⒅ Treat heat and pruritus: Decoction of cohosh decoction and wash it. (“A Thousand Gold Prescriptions”)
Precautions and contraindications: Sheng Ma (cimicifuga)
Use with caution in those with deficiency of the spleen and stomach.
People experience headache, tremor, rigid limb contraction, and priapism after applying large doses; Cimicifine has no special pharmacological effects and can cause skin congestion and even form ulcers; oral administration can cause gastroenteritis, and in severe cases, breathing difficulties may occur. Delirium and so on. In mice and rats, the LD50 of isoferulic acid was 8.1 g/kg and 7.9 g/kg, respectively.
Caution: during pregnancy
Cons: dyspnoea; late-stage measles and yin void; Bleeding in the upper body
shēng má Cimicifugae Rhizoma and anticoagulants (reinforcing effect) (theoretical)
shēng má Cimicifugae Rhizoma could potentiate the effect of anticoagulants; it can theoretically increase the concentration of the drug in the blood and thus increase the bleeding tendency.
(probably with long-term use!)
Chinese Materia Medica Classics: Sheng Ma (cimicifuga)
1. “Shen Nong’s Materia Medica”: “It is the master to solve all kinds of poisons, to prevent temperature diseases and obstacles (a miasma and evil spirits).”
2. “Don’t Record”: “The main body is malignant abdominal pain, poisonous gas, headache, cold and heat, rheumatism, sore throat, and mouth sores.”
3. “Medicinal Properties”: “Cure children’s wind, epilepsy, and heat disease. It can treat rheumatism and pain, tooth roots swelling and foul smell, heat toxin pus. In addition to cardiopulmonary wind toxin and heat obstruction, aphthous, irritability. Treat carbuncle and pea sores; decocted with water and swab the sores.”
4. “Rihuazi Materia Medica”: “Quiet the soul and calms the soul, swims with wind, swelling and poison, and tantrums.”
5. “Decoction of Materia Medica”: “”The Secret of Indications”, the main lung atrophy coughs up saliva, pus and blood, and can sweat.”
6. “Southern Yunnan Materia Medica”: “In children with acne, detoxification, throat (swelling); dumb cough and wheezing, lung heat, relieving tooth pain.”
7. “Compendium of Materia Medica”: “Relieve spot rash, promote blood stasis, treat yang and dizziness, chest and xenophobia, pain in the chest and hypothermia, heavy dysentery after prolonged ejaculation, turbidity, bleeding, collapsing, bloody, bloody, yin dysfunction Foot cold.” 
1. “This Sutra”: The main solution is to cure hundreds of poisons, prevent warm diseases, and prevent evil (one for the’Miasma Evil’).
2. “Don’t Record”: Mainly malignant abdominal pain, qi toxin, headache, cold and heat, wind and swelling and various poisons, sore throat, and aphthous sores.
3. “Drug Properties”: Treat children’s wind, epilepsy, and qi and heat disease. It can cure the swelling and pain of oral rheumatism, NI swelling, tooth roots swelling and foul smell, heat poisoning pus and blood. In addition to heart, lung, wind, toxin, heat, obstruction, mouth sores, and irritation. Treat carbuncle and pea sores; decocting with water and swab the sores.
4. “Rihuazi Materia Medica”: calm the soul and calm the soul, swim wind and swelling toxin, breath tantrum NI.
5. “Decoction of Materia Medica”: “Secrets of Indications”, the main lung fistula coughs up saliva, pus and blood, can sweat.
6. “Southern Yunnan Materia Medica”: surface children’s acne, detoxification, throat (swelling); dumb cough and asthma, lung heat, relieving toothache, milk moths, and cheeks.
7. “Compendium”: Elimination of rash, blood stasis, treatment of yang and dizziness, chest and hypochondriac deficiency pain, chronic diarrhea, heavy dysentery, turbidity, bleeding, collapsing, bloody, bloody, yin Fetus foot cold.
8. “Medical Qiyuan”: cohosh, if it replenishes the spleen and stomach, it cannot be replenished if it is not used. If you get scallion white, Xiangzhi, etc., you can also use Yangming and Sun to relieve muscle heat. This medicine is also for Yangming colds of hands and feet. “Indications Secret Yao” states that there are four users: Yangming Yinjing on the hands and feet, two also; Yangming is under the supreme yin, and two are; . Spleen palsy can not be removed without cohosh.
9. Li Gao: Cohosh, which radiates Yangming and wind evils, raises the clear qi in the stomach, and induces the medicine of sweetness and warming to rise, so as to replenish the body of the qi, so it is used for those with insufficient vitality. Yang is rising from the yin. Slowly with the urgency of the pulse. If the stomach is weak and cold, and the Yang Qi is suppressed in the spleen soil, cohosh and Pueraria lobata should be promoted to disperse the fire depression. Introduce green onion, Sanshou Yangming and wind evil; Introduce plaster, relieve foot Yangming toothache; Ginseng, Astragalus, can not go up unless it is introduced.
10. “Tangye Materia Medica”: Dongyuanyun, cohosh enters the foot Yangming. If you have the sun syndrome of the first disease, take cohosh and pueraria lobata root in casual clothes, and cause sweating in the Yangming Jingjing, or you have lost the fault. . Zhu (brachial) cloud, blood stasis into the inside, if there is blood, vomiting blood, rhinoceros dihuang decoction, is also the holy medicine of Yangming Jing, if there is no rhino horn, it is replaced by cohosh. Cohosh and rhino horn are far different in nature and taste, why should they be used instead? Covering with cohosh is to induce rehmannia and the remaining medicine to enter Yangming ears at the same time. Zhong Jingyun, sun sickness, if you sweat, if you urinate, you will die of body fluid, and the stomach is dry. Because of the change to Yangming, the harm is beyond words.
11. “Compendium”: Cimicifuga induces Yangming and Qingqi up, Bupleurum induces Shaoyang Qingqi up. This is the most important medicine for the spleen and stomach to induce menstruation. and also. Shengma Gegen Decoction is also a medicine for dispersing Yangming wind and cold. Shizhen uses it to treat depression of yang, depression of vitality, and red eyes, and each has special effects. After the 50th year of the People’s Republic of China, there are more people whose qi has disappeared, fewer elderly people, more descendants, fewer ascenders, more orders in autumn and winter, but less orders in spring and summer. If you are weak and have previous evidence, it is appropriate to do this The law governs it by medicine. “Su Wen” says that the life of yin essence is given to his life, and the yang essence is to give his life. Throughout the ages, Zhang Jiegu and Li Dongyuan are just two of those who peek into the mystery and explain the subtleties. And cohosh can detoxify acne, but it can be used to detoxify at first fever. After the acne is out, people with weak breath or diarrhea can also use it sparingly. Its cohosh and pueraria decoction must not be used after spots are seen, so it can be dissolved. and also.
12. “Huiyan of Materia Medica”: cohosh, an agent for promoting yang. Cure typhoid fever and relieve the evil of Yangming on the surface (fever, forehead pain, orbital pain, dry nose, insomnia), acne XI occurs when it is secret, and when it is lingering. But the taste is bitter and cold, so the evil of wind-cold, fever without sweat; the evil of wind-heat, head wind attack and pain, and eye disease, swelling of the moth and throat, cohosh can be cured. Another example is internal injury of vitality, spleen and stomach failure, sinking to the point of Yin; or drunk and full housework, which damages Yang Qi and sinks into Yin; or chronic illness and diarrhea, sinking of Yang Qi, and then severe distress; or chronic illness and collapse In the middle, the yin collaterals are injured, and the leaching is not stopped; or the fetus transfers to the cell and falls, and the water is blocked; or the man bets with damp and heat, and the waist and knees are heavy; or the sore is inverted, purple and black; Close, cohosh can cure it. This medicine can disperse wind, dispel cold, clear heat, resolve sores, lift sags, support internal depression, and remove all poisons. And if the medicines cannot rise, only cohosh can rise. It can be seen to treat toothache with plaster and licorice, to make up for lack of coke with ginseng and astragalus, and to treat lung carbuncle pus and blood with platycodon and coltsfoot.
13. “Materia Medica”: cohosh, where carbuncle acne rash, yang deficiency can not start and dysentery and collapse, dream loss of the anus, yang deficiency depression, etc., use adjuvants, all suitable. If you are really angry, all flames and sun signs are not suitable for use. And its taste is bitter and the qi is scattered, if the blood qi is too weak, andThose who have no roots are not available.
14. “Medicine Huayi”: cohosh, good to promote clearing qi, less use of Zuo Shen and Qi Sheng to invigorate qi. Bupleurum induces liver qi from left to top, cohosh induces stomach qi from right to top, and the decoction of invigorating qi to invigorate the spleen has the effect of invigorating the vitality of the spleen, increasing the Qi of Qingyang and decreasing the Qi of cloudy Yin. Its taste is bitter and pungent. It can also be used to relieve muscles. It is also good at introducing ginseng, Qi Yiqi is smart, and Chaihu is used to treat fire and five upset heat. If you work hard and have a fire in your lungs, you may raise Yang Qi, help the fire and produce phlegm, avoid it.
15. “New Edition of Materia Medica”: Cohosh must be shared with Qi and blood medicine. It can be used as an adjuvant but not a monarch. The world considers its qi to disperse and dare not use it more. However, there are many uses, such as “Compendium of Materia Medica” and “Jingshu” have not been mentioned. Husband cohosh can be used for many purposes, and it is also the disease of spotting. Where the heat is not too much, there will be no spots, but the internal heat is so great that it will be emitted outside, and the fur is strong and cannot escape, so it can not be scattered when it sees spots. Cimicifuga is not a spot-reducing medicine. If you want to retreat spots, you must relieve its internal heat. The antipyretic medicine must not go out Yuanshen, Ophiopogon japonicus and Qin, Lian, Gardenia, etc., but Yuanshen, Ophiopogon japonicus and Qin, Lian, Gardenia can go down, but cannot go outside. Cohosh must be used to attract the medicines from the fur, and the spots will disappear. If the cohosh is used less and cannot be taken out, it will inevitably heat the inside and move towards the large and small intestines. . On the husband’s fire inflammation, those who cause it to rise are easy to disperse, and those who let it go down are difficult to solve, so it must be used more, and the fiery poison is digested with Yuanshen, Ophiopogon and Qin, Lian, Gardenia and the like. Approximately Yuanshen and Ophiopogon can be used for one and two. The cohosh can be used as much as five dollars, as little as four or three dollars. It is not known why Zhongjing used cohosh to stop the blood. The husband vomits blood from the stomach, and the blood from the lungs. Rehmannia glutinosa must be used to stop bleeding. Non-cohosh can be used to stop the blood. Those who use cohosh, but use it to introduce rehmannia glutinosa into the lungs and stomach ears. For this kind of disease, avoid using more cohosh. If you use less, you can succeed with each other. You must not spend more than a dollar.
16. “Ben Jing Feng Yuan”: Cohosh and Pueraria lobata can cause acne, but it can be used at the first fever. Do not take it after seeing the spot, for its qi rises, initiates heat toxins, and the harm is unpredictable, and measles is especially forbidden , A missed shot, Pan Man Lizhi. According to cohosh, which belongs to yang and sex rise, it can help yang to defend against yin evil, so it is used in the prescriptions for leaching, diarrhea, and prolapse. The ancient prescription cures mouth dysentery, stirs up cohosh with vinegar, introduces ginseng and lotus meat, and supports the stomach to eat, which has great magical effect.
17. “Pursuing the Truth of Materia Medica”: Cohosh, similar to Pueraria lobata, but the sweetness and bitterness, can induce white onion into the lungs, disperse wind and cold and sweat, and inducing gypsum can cure headaches and toothaches at the top of Yangming , Yin Shen and Qi can enter the spleen and stomach to nourish the spleen, and with Bupleurum, Qi, Atractylodes macrocephala can be used for warming medicine to replenish Wei Qi. It’s not like Pueraria lobata specializes in entering the stomach, raising body fluids and relieving muscles without introducing various medicines to consolidate qi. But when cohosh is supplemented with Pueraria lobata root, it is effective when it enters Yangming to promote body fluid and relieve muscle. Same as Bupleurum sylvestris raises qi, then Bupleurum can raise Yang of Shaoyang liver meridian, and cohosh can raise yang of Stomach meridian. become.
18. “Materia Medica Justice”: Cimicifuga, its nature is quite similar to Bupleurum. Since the Jin and Yuan Dynasties, it has also been constantly supplemented with Bupleurum, but Bupleurum has a half-surface and half-internal shaoyang to relieve the suppression of the liver and gallbladder; Ma Xuan produces the Yang Ming of the muscles and promotes the stagnation of the spleen and stomach, its use is very close, and its main is different, it is best to pay attention to it. Therefore, various syndromes of spleen and stomach deficiency and depression, such as chronic dysentery, turbidity and collapse, intestinal wind and drenching, chronic hemorrhoids, prolapse of the anus, etc. , And Chaihu is still the assistant of cohosh, and Dongyuan replenishes Qi and raises Yang. As for the deficiency of the liver and kidney, the yin is thin at the bottom and the yang is floating at the top. Cohosh can radiate the wind evil of Yangming muscle and sweat through the surface, and its power is quite strong, but it is suitable for those who show the depression of evil. The nature of rising again, can in addition to the headache of wind and cold at the top, but it is also suitable for the evil of wind and cold, and the headache of the liver-yang tomb is also a big taboo. , The liver yang is the most, the so-called yang depression is very unsolvable, I am afraid that it is not suitable for the medicine. Dongyuan is said to stop Yangming toothache, and the cover is used to induce stomach clearing medicine. It enters Yangming meridian ears. Non-cohosh can also relieve toothache.
Pharmacology and Contemporary Research: Sheng Ma (cimicifuga)
The rhizome of Xingan cohosh contains ferulic acid, isoferulic acid, caffeic acid, [E]-3-(3′-methyl-2′-butenylene)- 2-indolinone〔[E]-3-(3′-methyl-2′-butenylidene)-2-indokinone],[Z]-3-(3′-methyl-2′-butenylidene)- 2-indolinone, cimifugin, visnagin, norvisnagin, visamminol, cimicilen, 12-hydroxy 12-hydroxycimigenol arabinoside (12-hydroxycimigenol arabinoside) and β-sitosterol (β-sitosterol), cimigenol (cimigenol), cimigenyl xyloside, Xing’ansheng Dahurinol is a glycoside of aglycone, and also contains cimigenyl xyloside, dahurinol is a glycoside of aglycon, and also contains cimicifugoside and cimigenyl xyloside. Glycoside (shengmanol xyloside), acetylhydroshengmanol xyloside, 24-acetylhydroshengmanol xyloside (24-acetylhydroshengmanol xyloside), and it is believed that the fresh rhizome of Xing’an cohosh does not contain cohomic epoxide alcohol Xyloside, 25-O-acetyl and 25-O-methylchodiol xyloside are artificial artifacts produced in the process of separating components.
This product contains cohoshine, salicylic acid, caffeic acid, ferulic acid, tannins, etc.; Xing’an cohosh contains cohosh bitter, cohosh alcohol, cohosh xyloside, north cohosh alcohol, and isoferulide Acid, dentate, dentate, cimicifuga, saponins.
Cohosh has a moderate antibacterial effect on Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus albicans and Catalococcus.
North cohosh extract has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
Cohosh has an inhibitory effect on the central nervous system. The extracts of cohosh and single ear cohosh can reduce the activity of animals, reduce the normal body temperature of rats, have antipyretic effect on rats’ fever caused by mixed vaccine of typhoid and paratyphoid, and have analgesic effect on mice. Cohosh extract can combat convulsions caused by camphor or strychnine.
Cimicifuga has a certain inhibitory effect on intestinal spasm caused by acetylcholine chloride, histamine and barium chloride. It also has the effects of inhibiting the heart, slowing down the heart rate and lowering blood pressure.
Cimicifuga can protect the liver. The methanol extract of cohosh and xyloside of cohosh can inhibit the liver injury caused by carbon tetrachloride, and can reduce the degeneration, necrosis of liver cells and the increase of alanine aminotransferase.
Cohosh has the dual effects of anticoagulation and hemostasis. Cohosh extract can prolong the time for bovine thrombin to condense human fibrinogen in vitro, showing a strong anticoagulant effect. Cohosh can shorten the bleeding time before and after charcoal frying, and can also shorten the clotting time to a certain extent, and has obvious hemostatic effect.
[Function] 1. Antibacterial effect: Cimicifuga can inhibit the growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the test tube. The water infusion (1:4) of its variant CimicifugafoetidaL.Var.SimplexHuth. in the test tube has varying degrees of inhibition on dermatophytes such as Flavus vulgaris.
2. Anti-inflammatory effect: Cohosh has anti-inflammatory effect on the foot swelling caused by rat carrageenan or dextran, and has a tendency to reduce the area of hepatic hilar ulcers caused by lactic acid or acetic acid.
3. Effect on the circulatory system: injection of cohosh extract in animals has the effects of lowering blood pressure, inhibiting myocardium, and slowing down heart rate.
4. Xing’an cohosh has a sedative effect on the central nervous system of animals; it can lower blood pressure, strengthen the heartbeat amplitude without affecting its rhythm; relax the smooth muscle of the small intestine; it can be used for patients with mild hypertension, which can reduce blood pressure and improve symptoms. It can also enhance the secretion of glands in the bronchi and digestive tract. It has a contraction effect on the uterus and is sometimes used for irregular menstruation.
5. Antipyretic effect: gavage with 1-2g/kg of cohosh extract can reduce the normal body temperature of rats and has antipyretic effect on fever caused by typhoid and paratyphoid mixed vaccine.
6. Analgesic effect: Gavage of 1g/kg or 5g/kg of cohosh extract to mice can significantly inhibit the writhing response caused by acetic acid, but does not show analgesic effect on the tail pressure stimulation method.
7. Effect on smooth muscle: Animal experiments show that cohosh can inhibit isolated intestines and pregnant uterus, but it has an excitatory effect on non-pregnant uterus and bladder. Dentamidol has a certain effect on intestinal spasm caused by acetylcholine chloride, histamine hydrochloride or barium chloride. Dentamisole’s effect is weaker than that of dentamidol.
8. Other effects: The alcohol extract of cohosh can inhibit mouse convulsions caused by camphor or strychnine, and has antibacterial and inhibitory effects on human cervical cancer cell line JTC-26. It also has the function of raising white blood cells and inhibiting the aggregation and release of platelets.