Episode 01: Zi Su Ye (perilla leaf) Guide
Podcast | Herbal Medicine: a Guide to Single Herbs and their Clinical Application
Name and Description: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
They are Perilla frutescens (L.) Britt.var. crispa (Thunb.) Hand.-Mazz.), Perilla frutescens (L.) Britt. var.acuta (Thunb.) Kudo) and other leaves.
Harvest when the branches and leaves are lush in summer, remove impurities, and dry in the sun.
Leaves such as crepe perilla and sharp perilla. The roots and near-root old stems (su head), stems (perilla stalk), persistent calyx (perilla bud), and fruits (perilla seeds) of the above plants are also used for medicinal purposes.
Remove impurities and old stems; or spray water, chop and dry.
The leaves of this product are mostly shrunken, curled, and broken, and the intact ones are ovoid in shape after being flattened, with a length of 4 to 11 cm and a width of 2.5 to 9 cm. The apex is long or sharp, the base is round or wide wedge, and the edge has circular serrations. Purple on both sides or green on the upper surface, purple on the lower surface, sparsely gray-white hairs, and many concave point-like glandular scales on the lower surface. The petiole is 2-7cm long, purple or purple-green. Crisp. Those with tender branches have a diameter of 2 to 5 mm, purple-green, and pith in the middle of the section. The air is fresh and fragrant, and the taste is slightly pungent.
(1) The surface preparation of the leaves of this product: some cells in the epidermal cells contain purple pigments, drop 10% hydrochloric acid solution, immediately red; or drop 5% potassium hydroxide solution, that is bright green, and then change It is yellow-green.
(2) Take 0.7g of the crude powder of this product, put it in a 500ml round-bottomed flask, add 250ml of water, mix well, connect the volatile oil tester, add water from the upper end of the tester to the mark, and overflow into the flask, then add petroleum ether (60 ~90℃) 1.5ml, connect the reflux condenser, heat to boiling, and keep it boiling for 2 hours, let it cool, and divide the petroleum ether layer as the test solution. In addition, 0.7g of the control medicinal material of perilla leaf was taken, and the control medicinal material solution was prepared by the same method. According to the test of thin layer chromatography (Appendix VI B), draw 10μl of each of the above two solutions and place them on the same thin layer plate of silica gel G, using petroleum ether (60～90℃)-ethyl acetate (19:1) as The spreading agent, spread out, spread 15cm, take out, dry, spray with dinitrophenylhydrazine test solution, and place. In the chromatogram of the test product, spots of the same color appeared on the corresponding position of the chromatogram of the control medicinal material.
Actions and Indications: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
1. Relieve Biao Dissipate Cold
2. Move Qi Harmonize Middle
3. Relieve Toxins
Relieve the appearance and dispel cold, promote qi and stomach. Used for cold, cold, cough and nausea, pregnancy vomiting, fish and crab poisoning.
1. Regulate Qi and Harmony. Cure cold, cold, fever, cough, asthma, fullness of the chest and abdomen, and fetal movement. And can detoxify fish and crabs. Used for colds, colds, fever, aversion to colds, headache and nasal congestion, cough or chest tightness. It is often compatible with almonds, Qianhu, etc., such as Xingsu San; if there are both qi stagnation and chest tightness, it is more compatible with Xiangfu, Chenpi, etc., such as Susan.
2. Stagnation of spleen and stomach, chest tightness, and vomiting. This product has the effect of widening the movement of qi, neutralizing the stomach and relieving vomiting. For those who are cold, use it with Huoxiang; for those who are hot, use it with Huang. For those with partial qi stagnation and phlegm, it is often used with Pinellia and Magnolia.
3. It is used for pregnancy vomiting and full chest and abdomen. It is often compatible with tangerine peel and Amomum villosum to enhance its anti-vomiting and anti-fetal effects.
4. It is used for abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea caused by eating fish and crabs, used alone or with ginger, and decocted with Baizhi.
Herb combinations and Formulas: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
1. Those who feel cold from the outside, have aversion to cold, have a headache, no sweat, and clear nose and nose, can be compatible with Qianghuo, Fangfeng, Angelica dahurica, etc., to relieve the appearance and dispel the cold.
2. For those with qi stagnation and dampness, gas discordance, abdominal distension and nausea, nausea and diarrhea, it can be compatible with Huoxiang, tangerine peel, Pinellia Qu, Poria, etc., to promote qi and dampness.
1. For colds: 10 grams of perilla leaves, 5 scallions, 3 slices of ginger, decocted in water and warm.
2. For exogenous wind-cold headache: 10 grams of perilla leaf, 6 grams of cinnamon, 5 scallions, decoction in water.
3. For acute gastroenteritis: 10 grams of perilla leaves, 10 grams of Huoxiang, 6 grams of tangerine peel, 3 pieces of ginger, decoction in water.
4. For thoracic distress, hiccups: 15 grams of perilla stem, 6 grams of tangerine peel, 3 pieces of ginger, decoction in water.
5. Used for pregnant women with fetal movements 30 grams of hemp root, 10 grams of perilla stem, decocted in water.
6. For pregnancy-induced vomiting: 15 grams of perilla stems and leaves, 3 grams of Coptis chinensis, decocted in water.
7. For edema: 20 grams of perilla stalk, 1 piece of garlic with skin, 15 grams of ginger skin, 15 grams of wax gourd skin, decocted in water.
8. For crab-eating poisoning: 30 grams of perilla leaves, 3 slices of ginger, decoction and frequent drinking.
9. For scrotal eczema: appropriate amount of perilla stems and leaves, decoct and soak the affected area in water.
10. Used for internal parasites, appropriate amount of perilla stems and leaves, steamed buns with noodles, eating can kill the internal parasites such as roundworms.
Pattern combinations: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
Composition: 5 grams of perilla leaf, mulberry bark, green bark, schisandra, almond, ephedra, and roasted licorice
Efficacy: Xuanfei dispelling cold, resolving phlegm and relieving cough.
Indications: Exogenous wind and cold binds the lungs. Symptoms include coughing and excessive sputum, headache, fever and aversion to cold, not thirsty, pale tongue, white fur, floating pulse.
①The main points of this prescription are fever, aversion to cold, cough, excessive sputum, and floating pulse.
②This prescription can be used to treat chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, and emphysema.
Recipe: 9 grams of perilla leaves, 9 grams of pinellia, 9 grams of Poria cocos, 9 grams of Peucedanum, 9 grams of bitter platycodon, 6 grams of Citrus aurantium, 3 grams of licorice, 3 slices of ginger, 3 jujubes, 9 grams of almonds, Take 6 grams of orange peel, decoct in water and take it warmly.
Function: Lightly releases and cools dryness, regulates the lungs and resolves phlegm.
Indications: Autumn exogenous cold and dry syndrome, aversion to cold without sweating, slight pain in the head, cough and thin white sputum, nasal congestion, dry throat, white fur, stringy pulse.
Xiang Su San
Recipe: 120 grams of Radix Aconite, sauteed, depilated, 120 grams of perilla leaves, 30 grams of roasted licorice, 60 grams of dried tangerine peel, and the above four medicines are made into coarse powder. Three times a day, take 9 grams of powder each time and take it with hot water.
Function: Evacuate wind and cold, regulate qi and balance, mainly treat exogenous wind cold, qi stagnation in the chest (stomach), aversion to fever, headache, no sweat, suffocation in the chest (stomach), reluctance to eat, thin white tongue coating, floating pulse.
Scallion Soup Soup
Recipe: Make xiangfu 4.5-6 grams, tangerine peel 4.5-6 grams, 3 fresh green onions (green onions), 4.5-9 grams perilla, 2 to 2.5 grams roasted licorice, 9-12 grams light tempeh, decoction. Function: sweating to relieve the surface, adjust the air to relieve the fetus.
Indications: typhoid fever during pregnancy (pregnant women feel wind-cold), aversion to cold and fever, no sweat, headache and body pain, nausea in the chest (stomach), thin white fur, floating pulse.
Su Jiang Tang
Recipe: 22.5 grams of perilla leaves, 2.5 grams of ginger, decoction in water to form a 25% concentration of medicinal soup (that is, the two medicines are 25 grams in total, to be decocted to form 100 ml of medicinal soup), taken once a day in the morning and evening, 100 each time Milliliters, 10 days is a course of treatment, and every two courses are separated by 3 days.
Function: Resolve phlegm, relieve cough, relieve asthma. Indications of bronchitis.
Precautions and contraindications: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
People with febrile disease and weak Qi are not allowed to take it
Patients with qi deficiency, yin deficiency and febrile disease should be taken with caution.
Fever, high fever, yin deficiency and fire, and blood-heat rash are forbidden to take. 
Food: Perilla leaves can not be eaten with carp, causing poisonous sores.
① “Materia Medica Sutra”: The disease is yin deficiency. People who develop cold and heat or aversion to cold and headache should be cautious not to take it. The disease should be restrained and repaired.
It is also unsuitable for those who are nauseous.
② “Materia Medica Tongxuan”: long service to vent one’s true anger. Patients with qi deficiency, yin deficiency and febrile disease should be taken with caution.
Vorsicht: Aussen-Leere-Schwitzen; lange Anwendung kann zur Qi-Leere führen.
Vorsicht bei Autoimmunerkrankungen z.B. SLE: kann möglicherweise allergische Reaktionen (verstärkte Photosensitivität) der Haut verursachen.
Chinese Materia Medica Classics: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
Perilla from Tao Hongjing: (Perilla) under the leaves is purple, and the smell is very fragrant. It has no purple, no fragrant, and stubble-like ones. It is named Ye Su and is not used.
“The Sketch Book“: Perilla, purple under the leaves, and very fragrant, picking stems and leaves in summer, and fruit in autumn. There are several species of Su, including Stachys, Bai Su, Yu Su, and Shan Yu Su, all of which are fern. Bai Su Fang has round stems and round leaves, not purple, but also very fragrant, and it is actually used as medicine. Yusu is like fungus, with big leaves and fragrant. Wu people are known as fish cooks, and a Yushu. The famous mountain fish Sui between the raw mountains and rocks, the main resting dysentery, the frequency of small and small streams, the dry rice drink is adjusted and taken, and it is effective.
“Compendium“: Perilla and Baisu are all planted in February or March, or the perisha grows on the ground. Its stem is square, its leaves are round and pointed, and there are serrations around it; those with rich soil have purple faces and backs, those with barren soils have blue faces and purple backs, and those with white faces and backs are white su, which is also scutellaria. When the perilla is tender, the leaves are picked, and the vegetables are ruined, or the salt and plum brine are very fragrant for ZU food, and the summer months are used for cooked soup.
Five and June are harvested with roots, simmer the roots with fire, and dry in the shade, so that the leaves will not fall for a long time. In August, the thin purple flowers bloom, and the ears are like nepeta ears. When September is half dry, the seeds are harvested. The seeds are as thin as mustard seeds and are yellowish red. You can also take oil like stubble oil. Today there is a kind of flower perilla; its leaves are fine-toothed and densely closed like a cut shape, and the fragrant stems are the same. It is called Huisu.
Perilla has been cultivated and used in China for about 2000 years. It is mainly used for medicinal, oil, spice, edible and other aspects. Its leaves (sue leaves), stems (sue stems), and fruits (sue stalks) can all be used as medicine. , The young leaves can be eaten raw and used as soup, and the stems and leaves can be submerged. In recent years, perilla has become a multi-purpose plant that has attracted worldwide attention due to its unique active substances and nutrients, and has high economic value. Russia, Japan, South Korea, the United States, Canada and other countries have carried out a large number of commercial cultivation of perilla plants, and developed dozens of perilla products such as edible oil, medicines, submerged products, and cosmetics.
1. “Don’t Record“: Mainly release the breath and remove the cold.
2. Meng Xu: In addition to cold and heat, treat air-conditioning.
3. “Rihuazi Materia Medica“: nourishing the middle and nourishing qi. Cure the fullness of the heart, stop cholera to turn tendons, appetite and eat, and (cure) all air-conditioning, stop beriberi.
4. “The Sketch Book“: Tongxin Jing, beneficial to the spleen and stomach.
5. “Luganyan Materia Medica“: Stop bleeding from golden sores; treat hemorrhoids, decoction and wash it.
6. “Southern Yunnan Materia Medica“: sweating, relieving colds and headaches, eliminating phlegm, stopping roaring and asthma.
7. “Compendium“: Broad movement of the qi, eliminates phlegm and helps the lungs, harmonizes blood, warms the middle, relieves pain, relieves asthma, and prevents fetuses.
8. “Materia Medica Fengyuan“: It can disperse the evil of blood.
9. “Materia Medica” and “Compendium” Perilla is an important medicine in modern times. Its taste is pungent, enters qi, its color is purple, enters blood. Therefore, the same with orange peel and Amomum villosum can promote qi and anti-fetus; with Huoxiang and Wuyao, it can warm and relieve pain; with Xiangfu and Ephedra, it will sweat and relieve muscle; with Xiongqiang and Angelica, it will harmonize and disperse blood; With papaya and magnolia, it can relieve dampness and relieve heat and treat cholera athlete’s foot; with platycodon and citrus aurantium, it can benefit the intestines; with almond and raspberry, it can relieve phlegm and relieve asthma.
10. “Materia Medica Huiyan” Perilla, dispelling cold qi, clearing lung qi, widening middle qi, easing fetal qi, lowering qi, and flower phlegm qi, it is also the magic medicine for treating qi. One thing has three functions: such as cold and typhoid, headache and bone pain, aversion to cold and fever, unfavorable limbs, or beriberi hernia, if the evil depression is on the surface, Su Ye can dispel the evil and relieve the surface; stagnation and fullness of the chest, chest If the diaphragm is unfavorable, or the fetal gas is forced upwards, and the abdomen and hypothermia are swollen and painful, Su Geng can smoothly and broadly; if or when asthma is reversed, Su Zi can breathe down. The phlegm is rushing, and Suzi can reduce the fire and clear the phlegm. The three methods are different, and the method should be detailed.
11. “Medicine Huayi” Perilla leaf is what happened. Xin Wen Neng San, qi-thin energy-passing, taste-poor venting, special anti-muscle release, treatment of cold and typhoid, and malaria at the beginning, exogenous cholera, damp-heat beriberi, and the most important medicine for exopathic symptoms. Danxi treats damp-heat disease after the vernal equinox, headache, body heat, spine-strength eye pain, dry nose and thirst. Every time it is used with Pueraria lobata root and Angelica dahurica, it dissolves through Liushen power, helps its prestige, sweats and relieves muscles, and its disease is as sweeping. Take its spicy fragrance to treat depression, stagnation of the chest and diaphragm, and drink to distract the heart, and the heart is happy and hot. Such as cold stagnation abdominal pain, fire stagnation dysentery, damp stagnation diarrhea, less adjuvant two or three points, it is most appropriate to relax the surface and relieve the muscle from the inside. Shen Su Yin cures colds and colds in people with deficiency, and the prescription has one tonic and one loose, which has profound meaning. If you don’t follow its righteousness, subtract the ginseng, or take it if you don’t, or the evil will not dissipate and righteousness will be weak.
12. “Materia Medica Zhengyi” (Perilla) is a new promulgation agent, which is also a light agent. Therefore, those who are mainly angry can make it proclaim, and those who are angry can make it proclaim. The leaves are inclined to Xuan San, the stems are inclined to Xuan Tong, and the Zi has both, and the sex is slightly slower.
“Materia Medica Justice” Perilla has a strong fragrance. The skin is opened on the outside to vent the lungs and qi; the upper is to clear the nose and clear the head, which is an elixir for wind-cold exogenous feelings; the middle is to open the chest and diaphragm, wake up the spleen and stomach, release phlegm and drink, relieve stagnation and promote qi stagnation. Nowadays, people always use stems, leaves, and seeds to divide the main symptoms. The origin of this product is different, and the shape is also different. The stems of those with more leaves are also thin, while those with larger stems have fewer leaves. Therefore, the analysis and treatment are especially precise. The leaf is lightly raised, it can be used for the external sense of wind and cold, evacuate the closed lungs, open up the muscle surface, vent the weather and dissipate the evil, the most agile. The stems are firm, although hollow, but near the roots are great and thick. The giants can be used to relieve internal qi, relieve knots, relieve pain, reduce adverse symptoms, appetite and refresh the spleen. The purpose of solidification is different from that of venting exogenous feelings. The child is smooth and straight, lowering qi, eliminating phlegm, stopping cough and moisturizing the lungs, which is of special interest. Nowadays, the secret of medicine selection is different from that of Song, Jin, Yuan and Ming, and it can not be said that it is a non-pharmaceutical entertainer.
13. “Changsha Yaojie” Su Yexin powder is good at breaking cold and rushing down, expanding the chest and abdomen to eliminate fullness, so it can treat the syndrome of stasis in the chest and pass the meridians to the channel, disperse wind and cold, and solve both Chinese and foreign Medicine also. Perilla) is a new publicizing agent, and it is also a light agent. Therefore, those who are predominantly angry can be proclaimed, and those who are preoccupied can be proclaimed. The leaves are biased towards Xuansan, the stems are biased towards Xuantong, and the seeds are both, and the sex is slightly slower.
Pharmacology and Contemporary Research: Folium Perillae / zĭ sū yè
The whole plant of Perilla frutescens contains about 0.5% volatile oil, about 55% of Pe-rillaldehyde, 20-30% of L-limonene and a small amount of α-pinene. Also contains arginine, cumic acid (Cumic acid), cyanidin 3-(6-p-coumarin-β-D-glucoside) 5-β-D-glucoside (Cyanidin3-(6-p- Coumaroyl-β-D-glucoside)5-β-D-glucoside]. In addition, the volatile oil of the leaves contains Isoegomaketone, etc. The whole plant of Perilla contains volatile oil and contains isoamyl-3- Isoamyl 3-furylketone, perillaldehyde, α- and β-pinene, d-limonene, 1-linalool, camphene, menthol, menthone, perilla alcohol, two Hydroperillary awakening, eugenol. Perilla contains about 0.5% volatile oil (perill oil), the oil contains 16.8%-22.6% of perillaldehyde (l-perillaldehyde), and 19.7% of perilla-alcohol (l-perilla-alcohol) -23.1%, dihydroperillyl alcohol
Thermoregulierende bzw. Fieber senkende Wirkung (und Schwitzen auslösende Wirkung)
1. Antipyretic effect: rabbits with fever with perilla leaf decoction and infusion 2g/kg orally with mixed typhoid vaccine have a weak antipyretic effect.
2. Bacteriostatic effect: Perilla leaves can inhibit the growth of staphylococci in the test tube. Perilla leaf extract has a minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of 200-1600 mg/ml for 6 fungi agar cultures; perillaldehyde in the extract plays a major antibacterial effect.
3. Blood sugar raising effect: 0.35ml/kg of perilla oil is given to rabbits orally; it can increase blood sugar; after the main component of the oil is made into oxime (Oxime), the blood sugar raising effect is stronger than that of perilla oil.
4. Effect on blood coagulation: intravenous injection of perilla water extract into the ear surface of rabbits can shorten the blood clotting time, plasma recalcification time and thromboplastin time, indicating that the endogenous coagulation system of perilla has a promoting effect, but the external source The effect of the sexual coagulation system is not obvious.
5. Promote intestinal motility: Perilla ketone isolated from perilla leaves can promote intestinal peristalsis in rats and accelerate the movement of intestinal materials. This is because Perill ketone has a stimulating effect on the intestinal stents.
6. Sedative effect: Perillaldehyde, Stigmasterol, and Dill apiole isolated from perilla leaves have a sedative effect, which can prolong the sleep time of rats with reduced phenobarbital. Among them, the half effective dose of Dill apiole = 1.57 mg/kg . Perilla decoction at a concentration of 1:2O has an inhibitory effect on the ECHO11 strain.
Toxicity: Perillone and other ketone compounds are all 3-substituted furan compounds, which show toxic effects on mice, goats and heifers, especially on the lungs, which can be caused by pulmonary edema and pleural exudation. Death, but the route of administration is different, the toxicity is different, 10 mg/kg intravenous injection of perillone can cause death to goats, but 40 mg/kg gavage has no effect. Perillyl alcohol has toxic, irritating and sensitizing effects. In addition, female goats can be fatal by intravenous injection of 10 mg/kg of perillone. If 40 mg/kg gavage can still survive, there is no evidence that the appeal substance is harmful to humans.