Integrative Women’s Health Program | Acupuncture CEU Course
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Menstrual Irregularities 8
In this class we will explore abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) from both a Western and TCM perspective. AUB is defined as a functional disorder that occurs in the absence of organic disease. It is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding during a woman’s reproductive years. In this class we will detail the causes of AUB, which include ectopic pregnancy, uterine or cervix infection, fibroids, PCOS and more. Diagnosis, exams, differentiation of syndromes and treatment principles are presented.
On completion of this class, the participant will:
• Become familiar with the causes of abnormal uterine bleeding
• Learn the diagnosis and differentiation of syndromes in abnormal uterine bleeding.
• Learn the herbal treatment protocol to address abnormal uterine bleeding.
With: Dr. Daoshing Ni, Yo San University chair of Doctoral program in Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine
$15 Includes .pdf notes, online quiz and certificate of completion (free to watch this video) Access time: unlimited
First Time User?
Approved for CEU/PDA by:
NCCAOM Details: Core Competencies: AOM/Biomedicine: 1 PDA
California Details: California Category 1: 1 CEU
- Clinical Case Study: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- AUB has wider terminology in Western Medicine
- Beng Lou
- TCM Etiology: Spleen Deficiency
- TCM Etiology: Kidney Deficiency
- TCM Etiology: Heat in the Blood
- TCM Etiology: Blood Stagnation
- TCM Pathology
- Treatment Principle
- Spleen Deficiency
- Kidney Qi Deficiency
- Kidney Yang Deficiency
- Kidney Yin Deficiency
- HB due to Deficient Heat
- HB due to Excess Heat
- Blood Stagnation
- Emergency Measure: Stop the Flow – Sai Liu
- Clinical Case Study Review