Integrative Women’s Health Program | Acupuncture CEU Course
Amenorrhea: Menstrual Irregularities 9
Amenorrhea is defined as the absence of menstruation in a woman of reproductive age. In this class we will explore the underlying causes that differ broadly in the case of primary amenorrhea which is the absence of menarche by age 16, as opposed to secondary amenorrhea which is the cessation of menstruation for 6 months or more. Diagnosis and treatment strategies are presented from both a Western and TCM perspective.
On completion of this class, the participant will:
• Become familiar with diagnostic exams to determine the causes of amenorrhea.
• Learn the differentiation of TCM syndromes in amenorrhea.
• Learn the herbal treatment protocols to address amenorrhea.
With: Dr. Daoshing Ni, Yo San University chair of Doctoral program in Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine
$15 Includes .pdf notes, online quiz and certificate of completion (free to watch this video) Access time: unlimited
First Time User?
Approved for CEU/PDA by:
NCCAOM Details: Core Competencies: AOM/Biomedicine: 1 PDA
California Details: California Category 1: 1 CEU
- Clinical Case Study: Amenorrhea
- Definition: Amenorrhea
- Etiology & Pathogenesis
- Women with 46, XY Karyotype
- Anovulatory Amenorrhea
- Ovulatory Amenorrhea
- Qi and Blood Deficiency
- Kidney Qi Deficiency
- Yin Deficiency Blood Dryness
- Qi Stasis and Blood Stagnation
- Phlegm Damp
- Clinical Case Study Review
- He Gan Tang Formulation
- Zi Bu Tang Formulation