TCM Schools of Thought | Acupuncture CEU Course
TCM The Classical Formulas
A one hour CEU Video course. The essence of TCM lies in the methodical and tight integration of herbs combined into a prescriptive formulation. This class presents a framework for constructing herbal formulas as expressed through the Shang Han Za Bing Lun and other classical texts throughout the historical development of Chinese Medicine. 10 of the most popular formulas used today are discussed in depth.
Upon completion of this class, the TCM practitioner will gain insight into how the classical formulas have been refined and developed into their contemporary application. Knowing a formula well can help a TCM physician utilize it in a broader and more innovative way that is very relevant today in our clinical practices.
With: Dr. Daoshing Ni, co-founder of Yo San University
1 ½ CEU/PDA
$15 Includes .pdf notes, online quiz and certificate of completion (free to watch this video)
First Time User?
Approved for CEU/PDA by:
NCCAOM Details: Core Competencies: AOM/Biomedicine: 1 ½ PDA
California Details: California Category 1: 1 ½ CEU
- The earliest documentation of herbal formulation – Jing Fang
- Overview of Han Dynasty
- Book of Han Discussion of Jing Fang
- The First “Comprehensive” Herbal Formula Book – Shang Han Za Bing Lun
- Jin Kui Yao Lue
- Zhou Hou Bei Ji Fang
- Handbook of Prescriptions for Emergencies
- Prescriptions Worth a Thousand in Gold for Every Emergency
- Wai Tai Bi Yao
- He Ji Ju Fang
- 1911 AD and onward
- Outside of China
- 10 Most Popular Formulas Used Today
- Why learn and collect formularies?