Integrative Women’s Health Program | Acupuncture CEU Course
Delayed Menstruation / Irregular Menstrual Cycles
This class addresses two issues on menstrual irregularities. First, delayed menstruation is defined as periods that are consistently 7 or more days later than the average for the patient’s age. This can be due to many reasons not the least, delayed ovulation due to immature follicles, impaired folliculogenesis, and regional growth blockages such as endometriosis, ovarian cysts, dermoid cysts, and other.
In the second part, irregular menstrual cycles are discussed. By understanding the etiopathology of irregular cycles, we can strive to regulate menstrual cycles and prevent worsening of condition. Herbal therapies and acupuncture treatment strategies will be explored to help us address this fairly common clinical condition.
On completion of this class, the participant will:
• Learn the diagnosis and differentiation of syndromes in Delayed Menstruation.
• Learn the diagnosis and differentiation of syndromes in Irregular Menstrual Cycles.
• Learn the acupuncture and herbal clinical treatment protocol for both of these conditions.
With: Dr. Daoshing Ni, Yo San University chair of Doctoral program in Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine
1 ½ NCCAOM PDA Points / 1 ½ CAB Unit
$15 Includes .pdf notes, online quiz and certificate of completion (free to watch this video). Access time: unlimited
First Time User?
Approved for CEU/PDA by:
NCCAOM Details: Core Competencies: AOM/Biomedicine: 1 ½ PDA
California Details: California Category 1: 1 ½ CEU
Part 1: Delayed Menstruation
- Case History #2 Delayed Menstruation
- What are the known causes of Delayed Menstruation?
- Etiology: Deficiencies
- Etiology: Excess
- Diagnosis and Differentiation
- Differentiation in Syndromes
- Treatment Principle
- Kidney Deficiency
- Blood Deficiency
- Cold Blood – Deficient Cold
- Cold Blood – Excess Cold
- Qi Stasis
- Herbal Formulations: Delayed Menstruation
- Acupuncture Treatments: Delayed Menstruation
- Case History Review
Part 2: Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Case History #3 Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- What are the known causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycles?
- Etiology: Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Pathology: Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Differentiation of Syndromes
- Treatment Principle
- Herbal Treatment: Liver Stasis
- Herbal Treatment: Kidney Deficiency
- Herbal Treatment: Liver Stasis Kidney Deficiency
- Herbal Review
- Acupuncture Treatments: Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Case History #3 Review